Have you ever thought a straw could look more bright, happy, or fun? If so, this craft is just right for you! These homemade paper lips for straws are a great paper craft & d.i.y. (do it yourself) party favor for birthday parties or other celebrations. Also, they are really fast and easy to make. See our HOW-TO VIDEO for proof.
Level: Easy* — “Quick & Easy” D.I.Y.
- Bendable Drinking Straw
- Lip Stencil
- Color Construction Paper or Glitter Card stock
- Pencil or Pen for Tracing
- Paper Hole Punch
- Your favorite party drink
- Draw a pair of big lips onto your paper or use a template stencil [link] like the cool ones at Chronicle Books’ site.
- Cut out the lips. Make sure you have parental supervision or permission.
- Use your hole punch to punch a hole in the middle of your “lips.”
- Slide lips onto straw onto the ridged part that bends toward your mouth.
- Now, enjoy your drink and take lots of silly photos!